www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:31 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:41 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

DR_Rider wrote:
I keep forgetting that our good neighbours to the South are allowed to pack handguns....must be nice!

We travel down to Bellingham on a regular basis and one day I was in Fred Meyer's Sporting Goods section, looking over the selection of pistols and concealable firearms.
The Clerk came over and asked if I wanted to see any one in particular.
I replied: "No thanks...I'm Canadian....we can't have nice things!"

He chuckled.

And I chuckled at reading your post.

But - hey - aren't you allowed a shotgun?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:02 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Uberkul wrote:
Other than regular tool belt that usually comes out for other guys bikes, this button.

Hope I never have to press it and if I do, hope it works.

Man that's awesome a Sh!t On a Shingle dispenser. How many servings does it hold?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:04 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

DR_Rider wrote:
I keep forgetting that our good neighbours to the South are allowed to pack handguns....must be nice!

Not all of us.

Some of us reside in Amerika, not America.

Such as poor sobs as myself who reside in the PRMD (People's Republik of Marylandstan).

As soon as daughter is out of primary schooling, we are outta here :yahoo:

DR_Rider wrote:
We travel down to Bellingham on a regular basis and one day I was in Fred Meyer's Sporting Goods section, looking over the selection of pistols and concealable firearms.
The Clerk came over and asked if I wanted to see any one in particular.
I replied: "No thanks...I'm Canadian....we can't have nice things!"

He chuckled.

I can relate :cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:52 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Grab yer stuff and run for the border man. We offer political asylum for refugees from Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Philladelphia.

We has your freedoms.

DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:40 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Dreaded Rebel wrote:

Shotguns don't pack well.... :lol:

2010 Black DR650 - Raptor Petcock...MSR skid plate...Stock chain-roller removed/"Seat Concepts" seat kit/Lower ball-bearing roller/AMP case armor/Pro-Moto rack/Twin Air filter/520 conversion/TM40 pumper carb/8.3 Rear spring/ProCycle Case saver/WARP 9 bar-risers/IMS 4.9 gal Tank/Homemade Chainguard topic15058.html NSU Fix topic14597.html NSU Fix re-visited topic14828.html
DR_Rider blog: https://dr650rider.blogspot.ca/

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:57 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

DR_Rider wrote:
Dreaded Rebel wrote:

Ones with pistol grip stocks and 18-1/2" bbls do.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:12 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

DR_Rider wrote:
Dreaded Rebel wrote:

Oh I don't know about that . . . I'm thinking 12 ga. Mossberg 590 Mariner w/ 8 round extended mag tube, 18" barrel, ghost rings and a 6 round side-saddle. I believe it was the German military that came up with this really niffty sling that allows port arms carry, across the back carry and if you really wanted to backpack carry. In port arms position, grab the firearm and bring it to bear. Yet, you could also bend over without the firearm dropping from position. Quite the setup, had my Mini-14 slung like that.

Plus a shotgun is a very versatile weapon, #6 bird and it's rabbit for dinner! Single or double ought buck - I think we all know what is used for. Slugs, bear problem, what bear problem?

Many years ago, as a kid, I read in some outdoor magazine about a guy and his wife birding in South Africa. He and his wife always a at least two slug shells in the pocket (they were using over & unders or side-by-sides, don't remember which). His reason - buffalo, cape buffalo. He was laughed at because none of the guides felt a 12 ga. slug could stop a Cape Buffalo. So, he and his guides went out in search of a buffalo. And while backed-up by a couple of .500 Express, he dropped a cape buffalo with two 12 ga slugs!

I learned to respect the 12 gauge.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:55 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Dreaded Rebel wrote:
DR_Rider wrote:
Dreaded Rebel wrote:

Oh I don't know about that . . . I'm thinking 12 ga. Mossberg 590 Mariner w/ 8 round extended mag tube, 18" barrel, ghost rings and a 6 round side-saddle. I believe it was the German military that came up with this really niffty sling that allows port arms carry, across the back carry and if you really wanted to backpack carry. In port arms position, grab the firearm and bring it to bear. Yet, you could also bend over without the firearm dropping from position. Quite the setup, had my Mini-14 slung like that.

Plus a shotgun is a very versatile weapon, #6 bird and it's rabbit for dinner! Single or double ought buck - I think we all know what is used for. Slugs, bear problem, what bear problem?

Many years ago, as a kid, I read in some outdoor magazine about a guy and his wife birding in South Africa. He and his wife always a at least two slug shells in the pocket (they were using over & unders or side-by-sides, don't remember which). His reason - buffalo, cape buffalo. He was laughed at because none of the guides felt a 12 ga. slug could stop a Cape Buffalo. So, he and his guides went out in search of a buffalo. And while backed-up by a couple of .500 Express, he dropped a cape buffalo with two 12 ga slugs!

I learned to respect the 12 gauge.

Possessing a shotgun barrel with a length of less than 18-1/2 inches is a federal offense. Federal law mandates shotgun barrels will be no shorter than 18-1/2" from the bolt/breech face to the to the end of the barrel. Who'd of though another instance where a extra 1/2" can make all the difference.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:10 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I think a shotgun that breaks down, like a Remington 870, makes for a convenient firearm to take while on the bike, especially while camping off the bike.

But back to the OP. I always take a chimichanga but almost never use it.

2011 DR650, Fly Aero tapered bars, RT front springs/emulators, RT rear spring/shock shaft assy, BarkBusters, MT21s, 14/43T, etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:29 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I always bring too many changes of clothes. Even being aware of that, I intentionally bring a few extra pairs of socks - though I'm usually more likely to use them....

I usually keep an extra pair of ear plugs in my nap sack - haven't needed those yet

I always use the churro and chimichanga, but often times my chile rellenos go unused.

...And not to mess with your "difficulty level" - but so far, I haven't had to use my flat repair kit (aside from the pump which I'll use to change pressure for asphalt) (knock on wood)