www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:00 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:16 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

mariom1 wrote:
I have to second the Honda V4. I've had a couple of VFR's . My favorite still is the sound of my 95 with full Two Brothers exhaust. Music to my ears.

Ha VFR! I had that same bike, and yes with an aftermarket exhaust. :BevButt:

(I have to admit the exhaust note is music, but the typical whine of the engine itself sounds horrible. Just like a Triumph 800 triple. The whine of the engine puts me off...)

I have a new Ducati Desert Sled since a few weeks, and this engine and exhaust, however muffled they are stock, make this bike the best sounding bike I have ever had. Nice and dark, very little engine clatter.... Nearly classical music!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I like the sound of nearly ALL Bikes. Not fond of HD's so much. All noise, no go. As a kid I'll never forget the sound of an Ariel Square four.
Then, hearing Nortons running flat out on the track was great too. My first really sexy sounding bike was my '75 CB400F. I bought it used, 1st owner cut end of pipe off! :fool: Loud, but sounded GREAT to my ears ... close to a Formula One car of old. What a great bike that was.

My year 2000 VFR 800 was stock ... but nice sounds all round. I love the gear whine.

All my Ninjas were great too: '85 Ninja 600, '88 ZX750, '92 ZX10,'97 Ninja 600. Also loved the sound of my 1979 Triumph Bonneville Special 750 with aftermarket pipes. Nice!

Just bought a "new to me" Ducati Hyperstrada. It came with an expensive Termigoni Titanium pipe. Sounds pretty good ... a bit loud but not obnoxious. Not bad on freeway at speed. Of course I always wear ear plugs. Hyperstrada is a HOOT to ride ... but SOOO nice to get back on the DR650 with my Corbin afterwards! Roomy! :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:45 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

These high revving bikes:
https://youtu.be/LU-ynRoqDEs?list=FLiBp ... lw#t=6m18s

2012 DR650: .63 springs Cogent DDC, 7.5 spring Cogent re-valved stock shock, K&N air filter, Airbox top cut, TM40 w/ 9DJY01, #190 cam, 790 kit, SS1 + Power-bomb.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:28 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

For me it's got to be the Triumph Trident with a good performance 3 into 1 exhaust system. Awesome sound. :good: