www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:16 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

fotoguzzi wrote:
DR Grifter wrote:
in JUNE you'll have daylight 24 hours, so less an issue. :good:
really?

No, not really, more like 17 hours or so in the most Northerly places. Not great for sleeping.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:54 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Location: Coaldale Alberta If money can't buy happiness, explain motorcycles and beer.
Thank you all very much. Wow!! Every one of you had a great suggestion I had not thought of.
I have not had the tent and rest of camping gear out since getting home from my Ak. trip so I thought this being a long weekend here in Canada We would toss the tent etc and dog into our car and go to the park for an over nighter but of course being a long weekend its pouring rain so we did the next best thing. Moved the living room furniture into the kitchen and set up the tent in the living room :drinks:
Here is the list so far. Not in great detail but I'm working on it. I now have a welders rod tube full of tools. Tent sleeping bag bed roll very small cook stove for making tea and boiling water for dry pack dinners etc. I run 25km / week so my meals will be dried fruit nuts jerky non perishable items for the most part. I will be leaving from the west and riding east with stops to visit family in Saskatchewan and Manitoba. So I will be close to cities and help if I need until I cross border into Ontario and go east. I have a smart phone with 3 in total batteries plus one of those mobile charging things if need and have all the personal info on the phone. I will have cash a visa card and 1 extra bank card for cash withdrawls if something happens to the original.and an Ipod for tunes and radio. a small first aid kit. iodine pills for creek or lake water if need be. A Garmon Oregon 450 hard wired to the mighty DR and extra Nhm batteries.
Clothing will be one outfit of long sleeve shirt and pants Marino wool. An extra layer of under clothes. 1 pair of jeans 2 t shirts 2 boxers 2 socks. rain coat. electric vest. My running shoes with one set each of short and long pants and short and long sleeve running shirts. toque.
New this spring of 2016 on the mighty DR is a Battery- front and rear sprockets- plugs- air filter- all cables lubed and greased-a set of HD tubes and front and rear D606's will start out with clean oil and filter and I know I can do another oil filter change in Winnipeg where my brother is.
Will keep ya posted as the day gets closer to departure.
Once again...
Thanks all.
Cheers Timmy