www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:49 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:22 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

fURYOS wrote:

You'll be pleased to know that after watching that video when you first uploaded it, "Don't tell me my business woman" has become a common phrase in my house! :lol:

'65 Honda CB160
'06 Honda CRF50F

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:37 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

N3YMY wrote:
Max Kool wrote:
Roommates kinda?

No.

Married, 12 years; have child.
Nikki will hopefully be getting her first bike soon. :good:
She can stand flat footed astride a PWC 50 :biggrin:

that's awesome... go girl! :Roost:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:52 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

I'm trying to find the dating site Max Kool found his gf on. Problem solved!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:32 pm 

The one option I didn't see mentioned is to get her involved in it also. Have her take the safety class and see how she feels about it. Get a pair of Sena and spend the evening together, riding and talking. Make it time you spend together. If she can get over the learning to ride thing, and you handle it right, she'll see it as a way to better the relationship.

On the flip side, if you're doing it to get away from her, well, I cant help you much there.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:17 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Do what you want. If you get fussed at later pull a Bll Clinton. Don't apologize, just say "Mistakes were made." and carry on.

When I was married to my ex she was constantly fussing about this or that, and I was overly concerned with "fixing" whatever it was and being the great husband. Recipe for disaster. Obviously.

Now that we are divorced and just live together (yes, I know that's weird) we get along fine. I do what I want, which because of my moral compass is not anything destructive, and I just laugh if she fusses about non-essential things or what I'm doing. Basically I treat her like an annoying kid sister most of the time. So she can complain to her girlfriends about me and get sympathies. If she complains to me I tease her about it.

If you tease a girl and she cries, you did it wrong. If she laughs, slaps your arm and tells you that you are rotten, you did it right.

Don't get me wrong, I treat her very well and have always taken good care of her, I just don't put up with much if any female crap. But I don't get mad, yell or get in a huff when she does the things women do. I no longer take it serious because 95% of the time, it's not. I just laugh about it and often she does too later.

She's never been more in love with me. :rofl:

I guess your wife can complain to her friends that you're always off riding or doing guy stuff or she can complain that you're always sitting around the house annoying her and wanting to discuss her feelings and your relationship. That's a sure way to keep the fire going right? Your call.

Dames. :OMG:

DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:41 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

LostInPA wrote:
[...]
I guess your wife can complain to her friends that you're always off riding or doing guy stuff or she can complain that you're always sitting around the house annoying her and wanting to discuss her feelings and your relationship. That's a sure way to keep the fire going right? Your call.

Dames. :OMG:

Well, those ARE words of wisdom. Mutual respect HAS has to come from both sides otherwise it won't work.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:11 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

My wife got tired of riding on the back. Took about one summer. Now after owning about ten bikes in 15 years she has no problem with me going for a ride.... she went from a GS500, SV650, , Bandit 1200, Vulcan 1600, BMW650, Bandit 1250. Now she is looking for a vintage bike. I have created a monster! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:03 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

We've been together since 1981. I feel that this is possible because we do stuff together. When one picks up an interest the other participates. My wife road double for a while, then we got her a Yumbo scooter, then a DR200, then a XT250. After taking some hard spills on really rough terrain she downsized to a Honda Trail.

So my tip for getting your significant other to let you ride more is to work with her/him, finding a motorcycle they are comfortable with, being patient enough to let them grow into the sport like you have.
Then you both get to go.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:36 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

d2reid wrote:
So my tip for getting your significant other to let you ride more is to work with her/him, finding a motorcycle they are comfortable with, being patient enough to let them grow into the sport like you have.
Then you both get to go.

Until she steals your bike!! :s_rofl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:07 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

stoneaxe wrote:
Until she steals your bike!! :s_rofl

Funny you should say that. We were riding east of Steamboat Springs, CO headed up a forest road to Rabbit Ears. Big rocks, ruts. She was on her Yamaha XT225 I was on my 08 Yamaha XT250. She kept having trouble negotiating the rocky part. She asked if she could try my 250, ok. She never gave it back. The rake angle is just enough different to make the 225 feel front heavy.

But I know for a fact she won't steal my DR650, her feet won't touch the ground and she hates that.