www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:13 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:49 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

TopNot: IIa
I just woke up and checked my email- 754 new messages, page after page of notifications for response to DRR thread "How many of you guys have installed windscreens?" Seriously, this is a HUGE hassle because I was skipping through them page by page and after ten pages I wasn`t even getting close to seeing if I have any messages before that! I think I get like 25 emails per page, so probably thirty pages worth :OMG:
So, is there anything on your end you can do to keep it from happening again, Rob? I sort of doubt it, but... maybe?

TopNot: IIb
Anybody know how to "mass delete" hundreds of messages from Yahoo email? Clicking on a whole row of boxes hundreds of times is more time consuming than you might think. I can check the box that says mark all, but that will also delete emails I have saved going back to when I was dating my now wife back in the 90s, so really can`t employ that nuclear option!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:52 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I don't have yahoo but try it like a file manager, select 1 message hold down shift and select another message several lines below the checked one, it MAY select all in between.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:44 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Filter on email subject, select all, delete

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:53 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

There is usually a box in the header bar above the over boxes that will select all of the boxes on the current page. That should keep you from having to check each box individually.

As others have said searching for a keyword would be better because you could mass delete all.

'65 Honda CB160
'06 Honda CRF50F

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:46 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Oh, crap! I went to an appointment and came back, now have hundreds more notifications! Anyways, I found that marking "select all" only selects emails on a single page, so I can delete 25 at a time. Way better. And I just unsubscribed from that topic, so hopefully they are done notifying me now, haha!

Has this ever happened to anybody else?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:07 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Holy shirttails, it`s like the sorcerer`s apprentice. I can`t cancel notifications for that thread. I marked one as spam, so now they all show up in my spam file (better but not right), then got all the notices deleted from my inbox, but even after clicking to unsubscribe on the emails as well as on the thread itself, they still keep coming at slightly more than one per minute. I dunno what else to do to stop them! I guess I`ll try clicking unsubscribe a few more times and cross my fingers.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:16 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Personally, I turn this feature off in my profile settings. PM notifications are one: I enable that feature. As for threads, I just kinda keep it in my head and use "View active topics". It's simple: It works.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:21 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Well, it looks like it finally stopped (fingers crossed). Spam file is currently at 352 items, with the last notice for that evil thread coming in at 8:29 PM, almost three hours ago. All my DRR notices apparently now go to spam, but that`s okay- since the discrimination is so bad, I always check spam before deleting anyway. Really weird- between inbox and spam, I must have gotten about a thousand notices for that thread (genuine estimation, not intentionally exaggerating).

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:49 am 
Map & Manual Master Moderator

This morning I had a couple hundred from the topic "Where did you go on your dual sport today", all marked at 8:23 am. I was able to delete them all. If your email program is set to show 25 per page, you may be able to increase that to a higher amount, such as 100 per page, to delete them faster.

Pehaps Rob can diagnose this issue. If it's happening to you and I, on two differnent topics, it must be happening to others.
:s_mad

Edit: Sent a PM about this so he'll get that when he checks in.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:42 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Wow, a totally different flavor of notifications gone wild! Though I have absolutely no idea how an automated notification system like that works, I can`t imagine how a single glitch could cause both those problems. Hope Rob or the server folks are able to diagnose and fix, though.