www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:21 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:21 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Nice :2_thumbsup:

DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:38 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

For years, like purchased in 1982 - could've been '83, I've used a Sierra Designs Cagoule and loved it! I finally had to give it up two years ago - and, of course, Sierra Designs no longer makes it. Not high tech enough for today's market demographics I guess.

I purchased recently a Frogg Toggs "Road Toad" jacket and pants - disappointment.

The jacket is basic, single slider front zip, two zip pockets, drawstring waist, and elastic/Velcro cuffs. It feels like wearing Tyvek or paper. Supposedly a P.T.F.E coating to keep you dry. Honestly, I haven't wore it. Though I did try it on over my Scorpion jacket and it fit easily. Compressabilty is nil. for what it is, it should pack down into a stuff sack half it's size. The pants are even more of a disappointment. Frogg Togg's sizing is too far off as far as I'm concerned. To get my 34" inseam I had to purchase a 42" waist. My natural waist, measured at the belly, button is 31". I got them cinched down, but no go. I returned the pants.

I'm still going to use it as a camp jacket this summer. I should have paid more and done better.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:52 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

It seems Frogg Toggs have went down hill, bummer. I have a pair of the original road toads, kinda like Tyvek, but Ive never been wet! sure they inflate a bit a speed an the leg zippers don't like dirt, they separated and Ive never fixed them, but I'm always dry and they have been through some nasty rains. They are somewhere around 7 or 8 years old ans still hanging in there

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:59 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Cheap Skate's Budget Tip:

I've bought several really excellent quality Rain/Snow pants from the Good Will/Salvation Army Thrift stores. Never paid more than $3 to
$5 for them. I hold out for only really high quality ones .... they come around a lot cause people ditch snow gear a lot here in California as kids get older or whatever.

I now have 3 or 4 pairs of rain pants. ALL that I've used work damn well. If one gets snagged or torn ... no big deal. Expendable item.

Rain jackets also come up but to me are harder to find used at the Good Will and sizing is tough too. So, I bit the bullet and bought my NEW First Gear Rain Jacket. But keep an eye out if you're browsing ... you may find a good Ski Wear jacket ... probably never over $10. (make sure it will fit over your riding jacket!)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:28 pm 

Frogg Togg is the only way to go for summer time with it is 90+ degrees! Can't even tell you are wearing it. With most rain suits you are pulling over the second it stops raining so you don't burn up, with Frogg Togg just keep on riding...