www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:19 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please post a concise description of the product in the subject line so other members will have an easier time locating the info they seek. No Hijacking or off topic discussions will be allowed to keep the info short and to the point. All opinions are welcome from members having experience with the subject line product.

Post subject: Re: Aluminum Case Saver
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:11 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Clinton wrote:
Well I guess you get what you pay for. Bolted this on today. It's too thin and covers about 1/3 of the chain.

I did a quick search, but can't find the thread right now. However, another member here installed studs, the installed his case saver, securing it with nuts before reinstalling a slightly modified sprocket cover. The same idea would work very well to center a case saver on the chain. Insert the studs, use a nut or whatever to shim to center, use a second nut to lock the case saver in place - with or without the plastic cover. With the correct length stud - I recall he used 50 mm - an acorn style nut could be used for a nice finished look.