www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:36 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please post a concise description of the product in the subject line so other members will have an easier time locating the info they seek. No Hijacking or off topic discussions will be allowed to keep the info short and to the point. All opinions are welcome from members having experience with the subject line product.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:25 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

awesome footpegs, i rode with a guy recently who had these and he raved so much about them i eventually grabbed a pair. incredibly adjustable.... you can mount them in a lower more rearward position which is perfect for the DR650. you have the option of low or high 'cleats' and can mix and match these. then you can adjust the degree of camber too.

they are expensive but i see these as a long term investment and will simply move them from bike to bike, just buying the little 'collars' if needed to adapt them. in the long run these pegs could even pay for themselves eventually as they simply don't chew boot soles the way most pegs do. i put the low cleats on mine with the dirt bike a few years back and the boots will probably outlast the soles.

here is the fastway website: http://www.promotobillet.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:00 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I've been using the Fastways on my Berg and DR for ever. Work as advertised, recommended :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:58 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

doctorgrey wrote:
awesome footpegs, i rode with a guy recently who had these and he raved so much about them i eventually grabbed a pair. incredibly adjustable.... you can mount them in a lower more rearward position which is perfect for the DR650. you have the option of low or high 'cleats' and can mix and match these. then you can adjust the degree of camber too.

they are expensive but i see these as a long term investment and will simply move them from bike to bike, just buying the little 'collars' if needed to adapt them. in the long run these pegs could even pay for themselves eventually as they simply don't chew boot soles the way most pegs do. i put the low cleats on mine with the dirt bike a few years back and the boots will probably outlast the soles.

here is the fastway website: http://www.promotobillet.com/

DoctorGrey I'd like your opinion on this. Does this look infected? Just kidding :rofl: I've watched a number of your videos and they've been extremely helpful.

I'm 6'1" and wear 33/34 inseam pants. I currently have the ProCycle standard lowered peg mounts and wider pegs that came with them.

After 1-2 hours of riding my knees start to ache and get worse as I go on. Do you think that wider pegs with a more rearward position would help with this? At some point knees will ache, but if it postpones the onset I'm interested in trying something out.

I was unsure because I thought it might put the knees at a sharper bend. I've never had an opportunity to try rearward pegs so I'm curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks

Steve

DR650
DRZ400
2 Sons, 1 Labrador, 1 Cat

Scoreboard:

Concussions: 1
Broken Bones: 5
Plates: 1
Screws: 8

Giggles a plenty...