www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:45 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:33 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

tricky wrote:
Hey anyone in the LA area know a good place to find and fit DR chain and sprockets?

Yep! The same place as the rest of the computerized world......The internet!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:52 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

PerazziMx14 wrote:
tricky wrote:
Hey anyone in the LA area know a good place to find and fit DR chain and sprockets?

Yep! The same place as the rest of the computerized world......The internet!

Hey mate, no need for the sass. Am I not asking on the internet? I just thought there may be a fellow DR rider who knows someone in particular who specializes in thumpers/DRs in the LA area and has chain and sprockets in stock. I will edit my original post if you think it is too vague..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:21 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

It's not easy finding sprockets for this thing. I bought mine off ebay and one of those actually came from the UK. It did take a while but it was 46 th. and was difficult to find... alright, it was impossible to find. I almost gave up and swapped over to 520 chain/sprockets. Procycle is the only place I've found that has the countershaft sprockets in stock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:17 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Todd157k wrote:
It's not easy finding sprockets for this thing. I bought mine off ebay and one of those actually came from the UK. It did take a while but it was 46 th. and was difficult to find... alright, it was impossible to find. I almost gave up and swapped over to 520 chain/sprockets. Procycle is the only place I've found that has the countershaft sprockets in stock.

A contact through ADV rider was able to help and new chain and sprockets will be awaiting my touchdown in LA!

But yes, previously procycle is all that I have used in the past too!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:34 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I need to get some more dirt oriented tires. Called Wheels in Motion in Chatsworth and they don't stock them and Chaparral didn't even have all in stock. Does anyone got a set of Shinko 244s or something more knobby-ish laying in their garage for sale? I have Shinko 761s and it felt like I was riding on ice almost. It doesn't help that I'm a noob on the dirt.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:45 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

jeffrimerman wrote:
I need to get some more dirt oriented tires. Called Wheels in Motion in Chatsworth and they don't stock them and Chaparral didn't even have all in stock. Does anyone got a set of Shinko 244s or something more knobby-ish laying in their garage for sale? I have Shinko 761s and it felt like I was riding on ice almost. It doesn't help that I'm a noob on the dirt.

Cycle gear seems to have the Continental TKC80s in stock in most locations. They're a pretty good knobbyish tire although the rear doesn't last very long.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:44 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

tricky wrote:
jeffrimerman wrote:

Cycle gear seems to have the Continental TKC80s in stock in most locations. They're a pretty good knobbyish tire although the rear doesn't last very long.

Thanks Tricky,

A friend of mine suggested to call his buddy at Mid City Powersports I think the name is and they ordered some D606s for me. I took my rims off so tomorrow I'll head over and have them swapped out. If anyone needs some 80/20 street/trail tires I'll probably sell my Kenda 761 sent. They seem like they have 80% tread.