www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:05 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Thinking over my vacation plans for next year and would really like to devote a week to southern UT. Since there seems to be sooo much to investigate down there, and I don`t want to spread myself too thin, I`m mostly looking at Zion to Capitol Reef. Even at that, I might be biting off too much. Hiking to Angels landing is the only absolute sure thing, all else still under debate. As of now, my schedule is open for any time through early Oct. Budget allows for a night or two in cheap hotels, but will be mostly camping. Hoping for a good bit of dirt, though I don`t know how much time will allow. Anybody else planning a similar with an open spot or wanting to join me?

Also happy to hear any sugestions for timing (huge variation in altitude makes that one a tough decision), "can`t miss" places or routes, or any other related tidbits. The only experience I have in that area is a winter time drive-by on the way from SLC to Phoenix. We had bad driving conditions (chains), so just took a quick peek at Bryce, crashed at a roach motel in Kanab, and kept on rolling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:02 pm 

Utah is the closest destination to my address I've seen, and that sounds like some good country. I'm in Idaho. Am I alone in this neighborhood? Anyone else around Oregon, Washington, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Nevada?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:10 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

You aren`t all that alone, dude! Where in ID are you? The forum members include two in the Boise area, and a couple more down in SLC. For WA, there is quite a group around the Puget Sound and a few more up in BC, but that`s getting a bit far from ID- you were probably asking about Spokane-ish? Quite a few from OR too, but again, probably the "wrong" side for you. To see a map of where everybody is (at least, all those who choose to be listed), go to the Board Index or Main Trail and look under Adventrue Addicts, then you`ll see the a link for zoomable map :drinks:

https://fusiontables.googleusercontent. ... GEOCODABLE

EDIT: Oops, I see you`re in Mountain Home. Fatback and DR Miller are your closest registered neighbors : )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:21 am 

I know that area pretty well - lived in Kanab and Cedar City for many years. Unfortunately, that was before I got on a bike, so I don't know the trails very well...

Have you watched "eveRide" on YouTube? He is based in St. George, so all the stuff you see him riding is in So Utah. I've got a friend who knows many of the backways in the state. If you have specific questiins, post up and I'll relay or see if I can get him online. He's got a DR650, just not real fond of spending time in front of a screen if he can be out riding instead. :)

Lidja

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:53 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Hi, Lidja. Yeah, I`ve seen some EveRide vids- pretty cool stuff! I didn`t know where he was based though. Thanks for the offer to dig up an expert for me, but I already finished that trip (had a blast). I sure would like to get back and see some of what I missed, but Utah now goes back to the end of the line. Just too many places to see in this big old world!