www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 6:47 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:09 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Another vote for the Wolfman enduro, this bag has been through 2 bikes over 7 or so years and is still great, holds more then enough and is not in the way for me at least. I can transition from sitting to standing easy, its thin enough that I just straddle it while leaning forward without even noticing, great bag made for this type of bike.

Not Acerbis, but same idea, top is open part way in pic.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:18 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I like the bags you guys have, but how do you guys not only stand, (ez to do with any tank bag) but how do you get over the bag when you have to get over a trail rise where the bike comes up into your lap for a few ? I'm 5'10, 32", and an 'enduro' bag can literally leverage me up off the pegs, standing, on a 45 degree rise. The only person I've read having that issue was nicholi1222 and I can totally relate to his issue.

How do you guys cope? I can deal with splaying my legs for a few seconds, but being lifted off the pegs was a deal breaker, hence my now low-ride bag. Any technique I'm missing in attach method that is not obvious in your photos? Or perhaps I had too much non-compressable in mine?
Not a beginner single tracker, having a few decades at it, but it's been on dedicated rides, not a dually, no bag.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:20 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I like my wolfman enduro.

I don't have any issues standing up with it, but I don't get too aggressive with my stance on the dr while off-road.

[img]{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl480\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs32 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Imagedayboro by rian munro, on Flickr}[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:56 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

I guess a little extra leg length makes a difference, maybe skinny legs too :biggrin: , Im 5' 11" ish with 34" inseam and have no issues standing straddling the bag, can lean s far forward as I need to which I do sometimes standing at speed. Once you get over the first bit its really only as wide as the tank, yes, its right there in my crotch, but I guess Im just used to it.

Oh ya, pegs are lowered a inch or so.

Cheers, Todd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:43 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

I ended up swapping from the Wolfman Enduro to the Giant Loop Diablo. Wanted a more water resistant bag and ended up not straddling it as much as the Wolfman. This in on an IMS but you get the idea.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:11 pm 

Rick G and others,

I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping folks could help me with two questions about the Nelson Riggs Adventure bags and the Acerbis tank:

1) How have people handled the vent hose with the bag given that it seems it sits on top of the cap and vent? It seems like a 90-degree angle might work, but I haven't been able to locate one. Any tips there? I saw where No-Toil has a cap that has the vent built in, but $90 for a gas cap seems nuts.

2) Does only the CL-1045 Slim bag work? Has anyone gotten the CL-1050 normal width one to work?

Thanks!
kc3