www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:45 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Suggestion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:42 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:08 pm
Posts: 19
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Have a forum/topic for each state to make it easier to connect with locals.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:10 am 
Offline
MSF Student
MSF Student
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:18 pm
Posts: 68
Location: SCMO
ehinrj01 wrote:
Have a forum/topic for each state to make it easier to connect with locals.


I agree that this would be an awesome feature. To find any locals, I have to go to other sites with little to no luck. Unfortunately, I just don't think there is enough traffic here to make this happen.

In the meantime, there are a lot of postings for multiple events in multiple states here :2_thumbsup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:20 am 
Offline
Member Servant
Member Servant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 9962
Location: Mackinaw City, MI, USA
Noted... but some thought would have to go into this to make it reasonable to do. Creating 50 state forums... and then how many CA Provinces, AU provinces, etc? would be a massive undertaking. :bang:

There is no reason one couldn't start a state specific thread under our USA section and have all that state's specific posts go there. I could help with transferring existing posts to that new thread. Yeah, I know, not as cool as having the state forum with all the individual rides in that state as separate posts. :s_sorry

I will at least give it some more thought.....

_________________
- mxrob -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:48 pm 
Offline
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:31 pm
Posts: 1620
Location: Richmond, TX
For Starters,

Is it possible to add a "Country & State" or a similarly named column to the "Members" list? That way one could click the tab and alphabetically sort by the location.

_________________
'07 DR650, '94 DR125SE, '10 Madass 125, '71 TS250, '05 KDX200


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:55 pm 
Offline
Member Servant
Member Servant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 9962
Location: Mackinaw City, MI, USA
oasiscraze wrote:
For Starters,

Is it possible to add a "Country & State" or a similarly named column to the "Members" list? That way one could click the tab and alphabetically sort by the location.


Unfortunately I have no control over the phpbb software except for our Custom fields for member sign up.... and these fields are not searchable through the system. :sorry:

_________________
- mxrob -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:07 pm 
Offline
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:07 pm
Posts: 428
Location: Poverty Flats S.W. Idaho
mxrob wrote:

There is no reason one couldn't start a state specific thread under our USA section and have all that state's specific posts go there. I could help with transferring existing posts to that new thread.


This seems fine to me. Once something was posted in a state specific topic, it would still pop right into active topics, right?

There is really very few state specific descusions, but it would be nice for some of our members to connect and ride. Sadly, I fear Idaho will be an empty hole. :s_cry

_________________
" Fight for your chance at life. "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:44 pm 
Offline
Member Servant
Member Servant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 9962
Location: Mackinaw City, MI, USA
fatback wrote:
mxrob wrote:

There is no reason one couldn't start a state specific thread under our USA section and have all that state's specific posts go there. I could help with transferring existing posts to that new thread.


This seems fine to me. Once something was posted in a state specific topic, it would still pop right into active topics, right?

There is really very few state specific descusions, but it would be nice for some of our members to connect and ride. Sadly, I fear Idaho will be an empty hole. :s_cry


Yes, any topic with activity will show up in the active topics listing... so if someone added a post to an existing state specific topic it would show up in the active topics.

_________________
- mxrob -


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy