www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:27 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:25 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

OK I found it on Amazon... a Kraft product. I'm ordering some to give it a go.... but I also found this in the Aussie products listing.... WTH? :rofl:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:29 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I tried it, once, do not slather it on a slice of toast like it was Jiffy Peanut Butter, it's got a strong "flavor" spread it thin, make it last because it may be the last thing in the cupboard left to eat... I gobbed it on a cracker like it was expensive caviar, bit into it, I changed colors about 3 times, choked it down and chugged 3 beers and still had the alluring taste of Brewer’s Yeast or bear scat in my mouth, freaking awesome stuff if you spread it thin, a lot like our lawn fertilizer called “Milorganite” which is made from the leftover solids from the brewery process. I have some in the cabinet in case of emergency, right next to the 30 hour candles, 12 gauge shells and freeze dried ice cream… Thank you Dire Straights...

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:42 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Sandcrabdave wrote:
beers and still had the alluring taste of Brewer’s Yeast or bear scat in my mouth, freaking awesome stuff if you spread it thin, a lot like our lawn fertilizer called “Milorganite” which is made from the leftover solids from the brewery process. I have some in the cabinet in case of emergency, right next to the 30 hour candles, 12 gauge shells and freeze dried ice cream… Thank you Dire Straights...

:rofl:
mxrob wrote:
OK I found it on Amazon... a Kraft product. I'm ordering some to give it a go.... [url=<a class="vglnk" href="http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Cock-Flavored-Soup-1-76/dp/B002AP2OS4/ref=sr_1_14?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1432131715&sr=1-14&keywords=vegemite]but" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>amazon</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>Grace</span><span>-</span><span>Cock</span><span>-</span><span>Flavored</span><span>-</span><span>Soup</span><span>-</span><span>1</span><span>-</span><span>76</span><span>/</span><span>dp</span><span>/</span><span>B002AP2OS4</span><span>/</span><span>ref</span><span>=</span><span>sr</span><span>_</span><span>1</span><span>_</span><span>14</span><span>?</span><span>s</span><span>=</span><span>grocery</span><span>&</span><span>ie</span><span>=</span><span>UTF8</span><span>&</span><span>qid</span><span>=</span><span>1432131715</span><span>&</span><span>sr</span><span>=</span><span>1</span><span>-</span><span>14</span><span>&</span><span>keywords</span><span>=</span><span>vegemite</span><span>]</span><span>but</span></a> I also found this in the Aussie products listing.... WTH?[/url] :rofl:

Hope you only ordered the smallest jar. :biggrin:
As I right this, I'm eating the breakfast my wife just made me. Butter and vegemite on toast.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:09 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It's very salty so not supposed to be spread thick, slightly more butter than Vegemite on your Sanga :2_thumbsup: My parents had Vegemite soup and toast when Huey were poor,, aparantly

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:29 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

foaminsert wrote:
It's very salty so not supposed to be spread thick, slightly more butter than Vegemite on your Sanga :2_thumbsup: My parents had Vegemite soup and toast when Huey were poor,, aparantly

My brother used to have a tablespoon in a cup hot water after school when we were kids in the 60's, the smell used to make me wana chuck :wacko:
Nothin better on hot toast and butter though :good:

BST Magic, 2" hole in airbox, snorkle removed, drilled 2x 3mm slide, 20mm tapered needle, white D spacer "off shelf" 3rd clip down, #155 Mikuni main and #45 pilot jet. Spring cut to 100mm, air screw 2 turns out

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:43 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Great news gang. Bega has bought vegemite back from the Yanks.
It's Aussie again. Not that it ever stopped being produced here, but still..........

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business ... bcce393f6f

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:15 am 

Try it with lettuce and fresh bread and butter. I too had to have vegemite soup when I was kid, some people use a teaspoon of it when making gravy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:30 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

MMMMM!!!! Vegemite soup. Was a very important after school winter snack when I was a kid. Had some last winter for a nostalgia trip. My kids couldn't believe I thought it was good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:00 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

DRWillie wrote:
Try it with lettuce and fresh bread and butter. I too had to have vegemite soup when I was kid, some people use a teaspoon of it when making gravy

Naaaah! Vegemite, cheese and tomato. Preferably with the cheese grilled over the top of the other two. Still a staple of mine, after 63 years - beans on toast being the other one. :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:08 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

wotavidone wrote:
tenacres650 wrote:
it's been around since 1923 https://www.vegemite.com.au/heritage/vegemite%20story
if you were in Darwin it was probably all the beer you were drinking :drinks:

Oh, we’ve got some bloody good drinkers
In the Northern Territory
From Darwin down to Alice Springs
They’re always on a spree
From out on the Barkly Tablelands
And across to the VRD
We've got some bloody good drinkers
In the Northern Territory

Oh the drinkers of the Territory
Are black and brown and white
But no matter what your colour is
You get into it every night
So grab yourself a stubby
And sing along with me
About those bloody good drinkers
In the Northern Territory.

Ted Egan - Drinkers of the Territory

... or in the words of the immortal Bazza McKenzie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1W0pP6A8BE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next