www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:38 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It had to be done.....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:16 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

post159503.html#p159503

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:30 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

2012; ProCycle seat; Pat Walsh rack; Header-weld cleanup; Keintech midpipe & 35FO; extended mixture screw; airbox mod, TwinAir filter; ProCycle needle and jet; Upper chain guide removed; 5.3 Acerbis; License plate frame/light kit; bar risers; sheepskin, lowered pegs; 14T counter sprocket; filter magnet; oil plug magnet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:11 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

post124361.html#p124361
mxrob wrote:
OK guys... I need your help. I want to brew a beer to pay homage to the great DR650. We are going to make a label and all. I'm looking for suggestions for a brew name and a brew type. I'm only set-up for for top fermenting ales so sorry no "DR650-Lite". :rolleyes: In fact I'm thinking some kind of stout.... since the machine is... but I'm opening to anything. I'll brew whatever you guys come up with.
Holy smokes, Rob! What else do you do!? Free form rock climbing? Forge your own knives? Build ICBMs in your garage? Hone your Taekwondo black belt skills?... :s_cool How does the common man get his hands on some of this beer?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:40 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Motodrum1 wrote:
http://drriders.com/post124361.html#p124361
mxrob wrote:
OK guys... I need your help. I want to brew a beer to pay homage to the great DR650. We are going to make a label and all. I'm looking for suggestions for a brew name and a brew type. I'm only set-up for for top fermenting ales so sorry no "DR650-Lite". :rolleyes: In fact I'm thinking some kind of stout.... since the machine is... but I'm opening to anything. I'll brew whatever you guys come up with.
Holy smokes, Rob! What else do you do!? Free form rock climbing? Forge your own knives? Build ICBMs in your garage? Hone your Taekwondo black belt skills?... :s_cool How does the common man get his hands on some of this beer?

:CSpit: Taekwondo? No way..... 2nd degree black belt in Kung Fu San Soo (Grandmaster Jimmy H Woo). But none of the other stuff. Can't dance, suck at most every ball sport, couldn't carry a tune in any type of receptacle....

Obviously I can't sell it and logistics make it tough (and expensive) to ship. You are in northern CA I see.... maybe you can get up to Procycle before they drink it all. :s_biggrin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:56 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

I'd suggest a robust Porter. Just shy of a full blown Stout.

Long ago a porter was a guy who carried loads over distances. The DR does so today.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:21 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Lowell wrote:
I'd suggest a robust Porter. Just shy of a full blown Stout.

Long ago a porter was a guy who carried loads over distances. The DR does so today.

We have a few different porters in our arsenal. A brown porter, a couple different robust porters and a smoked porter. Our toasted coconut porter isn't too bad either. :s_smile About the only style we have not tried is a Baltic porter. Our favorite porter is Great Lakes Brewing Edmund Fitzgerald (robust porter) so we have made many attempts to make a clone of that beer. Some good... some not so good. :s_no

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:32 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I'd love some for my collection!

2006 DR650SE; K&N filter, open airbox, TM40, FMF Powerbomb, FMF Powercore 4, skidplate, high bars, Karoo 3 tires, and a few other odds and ends.

1989 KX125; Big bore, jetted

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:57 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

By the time one bottle of DR 650-beer would reach Europe the price would likely equal a bottle of Champaign ... :blush:

What about a designated beer-bottle-holder for the DR? As a nicely designed item machined from a solid chunk of aluminum, available in different eloxal-colours? :drinks: Could be misunderstood by the police though ...

Maybe an "emergency kit" would be better? Bottles that fit the manual container snuggly many of us use as a tool-container? Who needs tools anyway ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:34 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

el capitan wrote:
By the time one bottle of DR 650-beer would reach Europe the price would likely equal a bottle of Champaign ... :blush:

What about a designated beer-bottle-holder for the DR? As a nicely designed item machined from a solid chunk of aluminum, available in different eloxal-colours? :drinks: Could be misunderstood by the police though ...

Maybe an "emergency kit" would be better? Bottles that fit the manual container snuggly many of us use as a tool-container? Who needs tools anyway ...

Even shipping in the US is expensive.... and illegal. A lot of people do it in the homebrew community but it is always a chancy thing to do.

Not sure of the demand for a beer bottle holder for the DR650... My guess would be that riders wouldn't buy one for fear of their beer going flat while riding along. :rofl:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:25 pm 

Nice to see someone who shares many of my hobbies. I live local, work even more local, homebrew and have a DR. How did the beer turn out?

Andy