www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The chilean topic
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:06 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Suzuki DR650SE 2011

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:05 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Prabens lindas as fotos :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:19 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Ola' Amigo,
I'm curious about the Suzuki dealer network in Chile. Did you buy your DR650 in Chile or did you import it from another country?
I know some S. American countries use the DR650 as a Police bike (Ecuador ... maybe Peru'?)
I'm sure your bike was expensive due to high import taxes on vehicles.

I hope Chileans can keep the far South as pristine as I remember it. I would like to visit Chile again. I was there in 1975/76/77 and '79.
In 1975 1000 peso notes were blowing through the streets ... (old money) and students, artists, musicians and anyone political were being hunted down and killed. Most people in the USA had NO IDEA what their govt. was involved in.

I hear stories now of massive hydroelectric projects in the far South. I wonder if the powers that be realize NO TOURISTS will visit a destroyed area. In 1976 I sailed from Punta Arenas to Puerto Mont ... five days through the straights of Magellan. Fantastic. All for
$30 usd. Oh how things have changed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:49 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

HEY DR Grifter... greating from Ecuador... Here in Ecuador Police does not use DR650... they used to use the DL650 (freewind) back in 2002 - 2008... Since 2008 they use the Kawa KLR650 (and honda tornado 250).... But I think in Colombia the police does use DR650.

Due to taxes, here in Ecuador I bought my 2011 model last may (from the Suzuki Dealership) and costed me $8.7500,00 dollars. Now, the 2012 model costs $11.200,00 dollars.

Would be interesting to know how Chile is different from Ecuador in prices.

About the Hidroelectric projects. Yes, here in Ecuador we have 3 new projects, One is almost as big as the Hoover Dam. But youre right, is very sad to see how much affection to the enviroment they cost. But also, they are necessary, because Ecuador (for example) can not buy elecricity from colombia forever and get used to have seasons with no electricity... So every coin has 2 sides.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:49 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

MBLDR wrote:
HEY DR Grifter... greating from Ecuador... Here in Ecuador Police does not use DR650... they used to use the DL650 (freewind) back in 2002 - 2008... Since 2008 they use the Kawa KLR650 (and honda tornado 250).... But I think in Colombia the police does use DR650.

Due to taxes, here in Ecuador I bought my 2011 model last may (from the Suzuki Dealership) and costed me $8.7500,00 dollars. Now, the 2012 model costs $11.200,00 dollars.

Would be interesting to know how Chile is different from Ecuador in prices.

About the Hidroelectric projects. Yes, here in Ecuador we have 3 new projects, One is almost as big as the Hoover Dam. But youre right, is very sad to see how much affection to the enviroment they cost. But also, they are necessary, because Ecuador (for example) can not buy elecricity from colombia forever and get used to have seasons with no electricity... So every coin has 2 sides.

I'm sure Chile is also expensive ... maybe more?
North Americans may be shocked by the price you pay for a bike ... with about 100% import tax! :OMG: But in some countries (in years past) import fees were as high as 400%. So things have "improved". (relatively)

I'm not familiar at all with Damn and water & power projects in Ecuador. It's clear Ecuador need to have some Hydroelectric power ... I just hope they do these projects well and spare the environment as much as possible.

What would really help Ecuador would be if Chevron pay Ecuadorean govt. the Billions USD they owe. International courts have decided in favor of Ecuador: Chevron owes Billions for polluting areas in the Oriente. (Amazonas)
Very few Americans know ... or care ... about this case or about anything going on in America Latina. I know because I used to work in S. America ... and spent 7 years there.

Brazil have done the right thing ... they have arrested Chevron executives and put them in jail for polluting. Our govt. (in the USA) protects Oil companies and Oil companies own the courts, so they ignore their crimes.... and these companies don't pay taxes either! :s_cool

this photo taken last year. These are Freewind bikes. Nearly exactly like DR650 except twin carb and fairing. Same basic bike. Some DR's
shown there too I believe. I forgot which town this was in. DL650 is small V-Strom ... not DR or Freewind.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:58 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

TOTTALY AGREE!!! Have you seen the movie "crude"... it´s amazing to watch all the enviromental damages that Chevron caused in our jungles.... That´s another reason to make advertisement about Yasuní Project.... have you herd of it? http://yasuni-itt.gob.ec/inicio.aspx

Is sad to recognize that the hidroelectrical projects here in Ecuador are being built by Chinese Companies and they don´t care to much of the enviroment (they even eat our snakes and monkeys in our jungles!) But, as I said before, that´s the ugly face of this coin. Wish we have better presidents and authorities so this type of thing didnt happen as offen.

The cost in motor vehicles in S.America are ridiculous! As you said, used to be 400%. Now in Ecuador we have a law that prohibits to import used vehicles, only new factory vehicles are allowed, what makes the car (and bikes) market to be extremly expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:43 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

qual é o nome daquela lagoa de sal no chile ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:20 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Ola' Amigo,
I'm curious about the Suzuki dealer network in Chile. Did you buy your DR650 in Chile or did you import it from another country?
I know some S. American countries use the DR650 as a Police bike (Ecuador ... maybe Peru'?)
I'm sure your bike was expensive due to high import taxes on vehicles.

I hope Chileans can keep the far South as pristine as I remember it. I would like to visit Chile again. I was there in 1975/76/77 and '79.
In 1975 1000 peso notes were blowing through the streets ... (old money) and students, artists, musicians and anyone political were being hunted down and killed. Most people in the USA had NO IDEA what their govt. was involved in.

I hear stories now of massive hydroelectric projects in the far South. I wonder if the powers that be realize NO TOURISTS will visit a destroyed area. In 1976 I sailed from Punta Arenas to Puerto Mont ... five days through the straights of Magellan. Fantastic. All for
$30 usd. Oh how things have changed.

Hi !

Yes.
I bought the bike here in Chile, the normal price is about U$8600 but when I bought the bike was an offer and the price was U$7400 :good: .
Here in Chile the accessories and parts are very expensive and hard to find, sometimes I bought things from eBay in the USA.
Yes, now exist a big project called "Hidro Aysén", the idea is to flood very beautiful places in the south of Chile to generate a lot of energy principally for the capital, Santiago, but the transmission line is too long, like 2500Km, now the project in the south was approved but not the transmission line.
Here the police used to use Honda XR250, then Honda Tornado XR250 and now Honda XRE300.

Regards !

Suzuki DR650SE 2011

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:22 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

qual é o nome daquela lagoa de sal no chile ?

Sorry, I don't know the name of a salt lake here in Chile.

Suzuki DR650SE 2011

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:31 pm 

Presente!!!!! tengo una DR650 2010, y me alegro de tenerla por que nunca me ha dejado botado, yo si la he botado por ser un mal piloto jaja, pero ella no falla, en Colombia vi algunos policías con estas motos,
SALUDOS. CHILE, LA FLORIDA

Code:
https://plus.google.com/photos/102256374979489346873/albums/profile/5886010438557191522?banner=pwa&pid=5886010438557191522&oid=102256374979489346873