www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:21 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:38 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Hi everyone, hope to find other Dr650 Riders from Ecuador.

Would be nice to exchange experiences, route maps, comments, suggestions and stuff.

Please submit!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:50 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Come on!!! I´ve seen hundreds of DR650 arround town... Im sure not everyone of them belong to the security companies!!! (here in Ecuador, Private Security companies give their personnel Kawasakis KLR650 and Suzuki Dr650 so they can reach faster to the emergencys)

Hope to find some Adventurers from Ecuador in here soon...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:23 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Just wanted to share with you my opinion.

The technical service in Quito, Ecuador is bad. They serve too many bikes and are not doing the job properly. I just want to pass the warranty period so that I can take my bike to another mechanic more confident.

Anyone else have the same impression?

When I bought my bike, came with only 2 / 3 parts of oil, hope it does not mean a shorter life span of the engine. It also came with a weight on the front rim, I assume it was beaten. Those are little things that really bother me, considering that you are paying good money for a new bike that should be perfect...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:28 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Right now I'm going out the mechanics to claim my bike from his second checkup. (The first was at 140kms, when I discovered I was missing 1 / 3 of oil needed) Now its time for the 1000kms check. Hope everything goes perfectly.

My friend, who bought another bike like mine the same day, had the same problem of oil, and after the checking of 1000km, the bike started to leak oil in the shifter. They said it was a wrong retainer, but that is unacceptable ... I hope I do not have similar problems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:47 am 
Member Servant
Member Servant

Sorry you are just talking to yourself here MBLDR. You need to flag down some of those DR650 riders in your area and tell them about DRRiders.com... Maybe make up some small cards to hand out to leave on machines you see parked. :good:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:09 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Great idea!!! will leave some flyers at the shitty mechanics shop.... jaja!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:26 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Attachments:
File comment: 2000!!!!
WP_000284 (2).jpg
WP_000284 (2).jpg [ 81.28 KiB | Viewed 1663 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:30 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

my first 2000 kms....! :fool:

Congrats. :s_thumbsup

I remember my first 1000 kms on my puch. Ah, good times. (And it took me only 8 days to get there, and all of it was city riding)
It always feels good to see ODO readings in KMS.. (after all, thats what I grew up on :biggrin: )

2007 DR650 SuperMoto with almost all the goodies..(it never ends ya know!)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:45 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Well ......... It's been two and a half years (and 10000 kms on my odometer) since I started this post.... I can't beleive it's still empty!!!

I know there are a few Ecuadorian DR Riders here in the Forum.... Please join into this post and share your thoughts! It will be nice to have a gather point for us Ecuadorian DR Riders!

Bueno ......... Han pasado dos años y medio (y 10.000 kms en mi odómetro) desde que empecé este post .... Yo no puedo creer que todavía esté vacío!

Sé que hay un par de pilotos de DR650 Ecuatorianos aquí en el foro .... Por favor únanse a este post y compamos nuestras experiencias pensamientos!
Será bueno tener un punto de reunión para nosotros los ecuatorianos DR Riders!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:56 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

MBLDR wrote:
Well ......... It's been two and a half years (and 10000 kms on my odometer) since I started this post.... I can't beleive it's still empty!!!

I know there are a few Ecuadorian DR Riders here in the Forum.... Please join into this post and share your thoughts! It will be nice to have a gather point for us Ecuadorian DR Riders!

Bueno ......... Han pasado dos años y medio (y 10.000 kms en mi odómetro) desde que empecé este post .... Yo no puedo creer que todavía esté vacío!

Sé que hay un par de pilotos de DR650 Ecuatorianos aquí en el foro .... Por favor únanse a este post y compamos nuestras experiencias pensamientos!
Será bueno tener un punto de reunión para nosotros los ecuatorianos DR Riders!

MBLDR,
I don´t know how common DRs are in Equador, but here in Brazil they are kinda rare on the streets, and after two years we have another member from Brazil, so guess Robs idea is nice, spread some flyers around, maybe create a local DR club. Here in Brazil we have a DR club but the email list is almost dead. I´m gonna talk to the owner this week and ask around to see if i can arrange a meeting.

Too bad ecuador is kinda far for me to travel up there. And sorry for the English but my Spanish is terrible.

Check: http://www.youtube.com/user/ViverComCoragem/videos