www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:23 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:18 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

mopulga wrote:
Question for you. Do you know what kind of "import" tax I will be penalized with when I leave this DR in Ecuador?

Stay in touch. Perhaps we can do a ride when I arrive to this great country!

Sure we will stay in touch. Will be awesome to go for a ride together. Please look for my facebook page "Dual Moto Club Cuenca" you will find photos of the places we can visit.

About the import tax of your bike. As a lawyer must tell you that you CANT import a used vehicle to Ecuador. Law only permits new vehicles and only authorized dealers can do it.

You can enter Ecuadorian Territory with your bike as a "tourist vehicle" for as long as 90 continuos days.... after that, you and your bike MUST leave the country through customs. (You don´t have to pay anything for that, in some cases a warranty is required)

If you do not leave the country again and leave the vehicle in Ecuador, it would mean leaving the country "contraband goods" . Because of the "customs value" of the vehicle, this offense would be judged as a criminal offense.... If you leave your bike at your parents' house, they would be prosecuted for the crime of smuggling with imprisonment up to 5 years and a fine equivalent to 300% of the tax sought to be evaded.

So I strongly recomend NOT leaving the bike in Ecuador... the best thing you can do is take it back with you.... you cant even sell it here nor other latin america countries ´cause it can´t be leagally imported in any Latin American Country.

Any further questions, just ask!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:12 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Thanks. That just put a wrench on my plan.

:reallyshocked:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:44 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

MBLDR wrote:
Hi everyone, hope to find other Dr650 Riders from Ecuador.

Would be nice to exchange experiences, route maps, comments, suggestions and stuff.

Please submit!

Hello MBLDR, this is Francisco Gomez from Venezuela Nice to meet you.
I am planing a SA trip from begining Dec 2014, because now I am under medical control to avoid any posible unconfortable situation.
I have a DR 650 Ready to go because I am Planing this trip from two years ago but due to country a medical situation I was postpone until now that take desition to do.
Bueno ya practique mi mal Ingles ahora Espanol, si, tengo un DR 650 listo para salir solo espero la orden de partida del Medico mi idea es ir por Colombia y recorrer el Pacifico hasta Usuhuaia y regreso Atlantico, ya le he hecho tres veces pero en carro ahora que estoy retirado lo quiero hacer con calma y disfrutando del paisaje.
Si entramos en contacto podemos planificar un encuentro en la ruta, si neceistas planos o algo de por aqui avisame.
Saludos y un gusto en conocerte

Attachments:
IMG_1729.JPG
IMG_1729.JPG [ 190.91 KiB | Viewed 631 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:57 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I am traveling in a southbound direction and staying for a little over a month in Ecuador; mostly in Alangasi visiting family.

I would like to meet some of you if you are around. Also, have a question. I am a loyal Rotella user on my DR. Is that oil available in Ecuador?

Gracias amigos,
i