www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:42 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:17 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

locobaylor wrote:
Freeze the beer overnight, pack in the morning, it thaws as you ride, then is cold when you get to where you're going.
Takes some planning and experimenting, but seems simple.

This is a great idea especially if your freezer needs a good cleaning.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:18 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Acme Zoom wrote:
Simple Brad, on the left side Mule pack start with layer a of ice then a 6 pack another layer of ice, another 6 pack interspersed with steaks and hamburger then top with a layer of ice. Doesn't get any easier.. I know you don't have a set just get crash to haul the beer in his ...

Be careful with cross contamination. I put beer and ice in my left Mule pack and meat and ice in the right :2_thumbsup: Perhaps the beer containing one could be molded in green?

Last edited by nc rick on Thu May 05, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:56 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

PerazziMx14 wrote:
locobaylor wrote:
Freeze the beer overnight, pack in the morning, it thaws as you ride, then is cold when you get to where you're going.

And.... Beer that has been frozen and thawed tastes like ass! Beer thawing out while bouncing down the trail has to taste worse than flat ass.

2 nuts, 2 wheels, 2 beers...
OK, so what's the speed of dark?
if you use the word "Bling" along with DR650... You are buying the beer in a tutu and ballet slippers...

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:44 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Sandcrabdave wrote:
PerazziMx14 wrote:
locobaylor wrote:

And.... Beer that has been frozen and thawed tastes like ass! Beer thawing out while bouncing down the trail has to taste worse than flat ass.

And when the can or bottle leaks from being frozen makes a mess and tastes like ass.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:02 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

ok, I actually have a good scientific method..... pick up your beer, and a can of kosher salt. As close to your campsite as you can get, pick up a small bag of ice. when you get to your campsite, open up the ice and pour in the salt. Close the bag and start shaking it, it will water down as salt lowers the freezing temp of water..... the watery ice conducts the cold to the cans much faster... so even at room temperature, they will be ice cold in mere minutes. This is the old way of making ice cream... should only take the beer about a minute or 2 to be almost freezing.

Also Check out my Facebook Page here---> Beyond2Wheels on Facebook

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:02 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Beyond2Wheels wrote:
ok, I actually have a good scientific method..... pick up your beer, and a can of kosher salt. As close to your campsite as you can get, pick up a small bag of ice. when you get to your campsite, open up the ice and pour in the salt. Close the bag and start shaking it, it will water down as salt lowers the freezing temp of water..... the watery ice conducts the cold to the cans much faster... so even at room temperature, they will be ice cold in mere minutes. This is the old way of making ice cream... should only take the beer about a minute or 2 to be almost freezing.

This is kind of like the Space program in the 60's when the USA was trying to make a pen that would write in zero gravity. The Russian's just used a pencil. If you have ice with you why go throught the Bill Nye the science guy experiment with salt and ice. Simply drop a few cubes into a cup and pour the beer over them. Sure it will be a little watered down but for all the sissy's that need to have ice cold beer on the trail your probably drinking Coors light or Michelob ultra anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:08 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

^^^^ :BevButt:

2 nuts, 2 wheels, 2 beers...
OK, so what's the speed of dark?
if you use the word "Bling" along with DR650... You are buying the beer in a tutu and ballet slippers...

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:01 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

PerazziMx14 wrote:
This is kind of like the Space program in the 60's when the USA was trying to make a pen that would write in zero gravity. The Russian's just used a pencil. If you have ice with you why go throught the Bill Nye the science guy experiment with salt and ice. Simply drop a few cubes into a cup and pour the beer over them. Sure it will be a little watered down but for all the sissy's that need to have ice cold beer on the trail your probably drinking Coors light or Michelob ultra anyway.

There were/are plenty of good reasons to have a pen that works in space...just like there are plenty of reasons to have a cold beer at camp. However, I'm not above drinking a hot one if that's all I have available.

Regarding the space pen, Wikipedia has some good information on the history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Pen

Quote:
A common urban legend states that NASA spent a large amount of money to develop a pen that would write in space (the result purportedly being the Fisher Space Pen), while the Soviets just used pencils.[2][3] There is a grain of truth: NASA began to develop a space pen, but when development costs skyrocketed the project was abandoned and astronauts went back to using pencils, along with the Soviets.[2][3] However, the claim that NASA spent millions on the Space Pen is incorrect, as the Fisher pen was developed using private capital, not government funding. NASA – and the Soviets[3][4][5] – eventually began purchasing such pens.

NASA programs previously used pencils[6] (for example a 1965 order of mechanical pencils[7]) but because of the substantial dangers that broken pencil tips and graphite dust pose to electronics in zero gravity, the flammable nature of wood present in pencils,[7] and the inadequate quality documentation produced by non-permanent or smeared recordkeeping, a better solution was needed. Russian cosmonauts used pencils, and grease pencils on plastic slates until also adopting a space pen in 1969 with a purchase of 100 units for use on all future missions.[8] NASA never approached Paul Fisher to develop a pen, nor did Fisher receive any government funding for the pen's development.[7] Fisher invented it independently and then, in 1965, asked NASA to try it. After extensive testing, NASA decided to use the pens in future Apollo missions.[6][8][9] Subsequently, in 1967 it was reported that NASA purchased approximately 400 pens for $6 a piece.[8]

'65 Honda CB160
'06 Honda CRF50F

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:14 pm 
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

:bad: beer on the rocks....that's heracy...my point was if your beer got warm you could cool it down rapidly by using the salt and ice trick.... A lot faster than just ice

Also Check out my Facebook Page here---> Beyond2Wheels on Facebook

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:34 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Beyond2Wheels wrote:
:bad: beer on the rocks....that's heracy...my point was if your beer got warm you could cool it down rapidly by using the salt and ice trick.... A lot faster than just ice

Please video you attempting this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next