www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:51 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

The Parabellum windshield fits firmly, seems like a barndoor of wind / bug protection, and has the potential to be "cut down" if needed. Some other models seem to be just for looks or to deflect wind, dirt, bugs into the helmet area. The Parabellum website for the DR650 shows a pic of the windshield WITH some brand of barkbusters. Looking at the bike with the shield on, it does not appear to be room on the stock handlebar to mount the windshield AND barkbusters. Has anyone tried this / had success with it? Pics coming.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:57 am 

Hey Squid names Ernest. I zoomed very closely on the picture and I promise the windshield is definitely mounted from the headlight up the top fairing. And it's pretty neat how the hand guards are clear plastics. I just ordered a Cee Bailey windshield for 89 bones and I certainly see alot of people with them. Thats why I ordered it; also price wise. Interesting enough the windshield mounts on the front and not the handle bars for the hand guards. I just got some moose racing aluminum handle bar guards to protect them knuckles. priceless

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:42 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

Yeah you can put hand guards on with the monster shield. Its really not for dual sport riding though. If you stand or climb a steep hill it will probably be in the way. Lonerider had one and he added thumb fasteners for taking it off quickly. Not sure if he kept using it, I know he did lots of cross country riding and said he had better wind protection than his GS.

Read this thread if you haven't already: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164001

The Cee Baily kinda sucks, you really need to add some large spacers to get the angle better. Its way to laid back in stock form, I hated mine. Mounting something that large to the head light plastic is not smart. It will flop around, you will need to make some supports for it to keep it out of your lap.

The best of that type is the Australian outfit, I think its called screens for bikes. You'll find it in the ADV thread. I wanted more protection and full ability to change height and angle. I ended up going with a Spitfire and I'm happy. Got it set right and locked down. Its a great set up if you want to block a lot of bugs. It mounts to the bars and you can adjust it how ever you like it. I'm 6'-4" and I can put clean air to my chin. I do have CR-high bars and 1" risers that help get the Spitfire high enough. There is also the smaller tombstone one and many others of the same brand. I paid $67 for my tinted Spitfire... It does have to come off on rough trails or you will take a hit to the face. Its fine on average forestry roads and such. If your standing a lot beware of that sucker coming up to meet you.. :sarcastic:

Sale pending / 2007 with Protaper CR Highs, Moose Hand Guards, Procycle bar end spacers and 1" risers, 699 Pro Grips, Safari Tank, Corbin +1", TM-40, Twin-Air, GSXR Exhaust, BBQ Rack, Dual Star Plate, Moose Shift Lever, Magnetic Drain Plug, Center Stand, HID 35 watt Headlight, Lowerd Pegs, Heated Grips, Spitfire, .50/8.3 springs, Pelican 1550 top case...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:50 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Hi Guys,
Thx for the info. Decision time. Like the wind / bug protection on the Para, but not the reflected noise off the skid plate. Just a bit more to do.
Regards,

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:15 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Well I did get the Parabellum windshield and Acerbis handguards. Fit is excellent. Rode to the central ADV rally in Eagle River, WI with the WS on. Removed it for two and 1/2 days of trail riding. Installed it while working on Sunday morning coffee. Took about 10 - 15 minutes total. Am very satisfied with the Parabellum WS. Wearing earplugs for highway miles makes for a pleasing hum. All things considered, i like the set up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:21 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

tumbleweed - how about a pic if you have time. thx -C~V

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:03 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Hope the above link helps. Pics of DR 650 / Parabellum, Acerbis, Wolfman...
I have them in smugmug under biosci for public viewing. I can NOT get the procedure for posting pics. Why can't I just click & drag, or cut & paste. Duh...

It is either my brain or my laptop.

I'll keep trying. Says "FILE TOO BIG".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:09 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

3rd attempt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:12 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

4th or 5th attempt

http://biosci.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/D ... 819_DmHhJf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:14 pm