www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:40 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:27 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Met Idahothumper today. :drinks:

Did a quick ride out through the standard sagebrush. Just a bit over 100 miles round tip for me, will be more for him. Quite a few washed out sections with plenty of runoff water. Got my new bags dirty. :s_cry

Another cool cat met through DRRIDERS.COM. :2_thumbsup:

Image20160220_101043 by Bo Fatback, on Flickr

Image20160220_104800 by Bo Fatback, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:34 pm 

Thanks Fatback for an awesome ride! Awesome weather and conditions for February! Nice to meet similar riders so easily. After today I am even a bigger of a fan of this forum :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:42 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

These are just a couple of dumb pics that for some reason, I find funny. My wife had a car load of kids to haul to a family function. I opted to ride Zoidberg. The back road route goes through a wetland/wildlife refuge. That is where I almost had a head on collision with this slimy little bastard.

Want to be a hero to a bunch of kids? Get a turtle out of the road. :s_cool

Image20160402_163039(0) by Bo Fatback, on Flickr

Image20160402_163053 by Bo Fatback, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:48 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

You're a good man for doing that. I've always stopped to help a turtle across the road. Where I live it's the eastern box turtle though. Cool little animals that'll usually live a long life (when they don't get run over by a non-attentive driver).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:04 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Today was a landmark. My wife and I had our fourth date in eight years. We trailered the DR to my parents and dropped the boys off. My wife had not been on the bike more than a hundred yards before, but wanted to ride to a local winery. We had a nice ride and a great lunch. The DR seemed a bit out of place in the parking area, but it always turns heads. Around here, it is Harleys or Beamers.

Image20160619_153144 by Bo Fatback, on Flickr

Image20160619_153004 by Bo Fatback, on Flickr

Image20160619_141003 by Bo Fatback, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:41 am 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

YAY!!!!!!!!!! New bike day!!

My wife is tired of sitting on the sidelines and riding the back of the mighty DR. With both boys off the training wheels and riding like general hoodlums, she thought a chase bike was in order. These kids will keep you strung out, different speeds and crashes...... So she began shopping. She has already ridden a klx110 I bought and destroyed 6 years ago. Easy seat height and power, good ground clearance, lots of aftermarket support. All signs pointed to a 110cc play bike. She built her spreadsheet of seat height, clearances, weight, blah blah blah. Off we went to Craigslist, only to find people are fuckin crazy! Twelve yr old bike for $1500, I think not! We played that game for about a week and a half and then we did the unthinkable, we went shopping for NEW. We checked two dealers out and thought we were happy with the out the door tag of $2850 for a 2016. We told the dealer we would return with a truck and do paper work in the morning. On the way home I remembered a little shop close to home. I always forget they deal Kawasaki because they do so much Polaris slinging. We stopped in at closing time. Talked to the sales manager and found out they don't dick around with set up fees and doc fees. Ohhhh........ What does that mean? We snapped up a 2017 klx110 for an out the door price of $2346! $500 on this is a big deal! SHOP AROUND!!

The oldest boy can tippy toe the KLX110 right now, so he will take the reigns next summer, and if the wifeypoo likes to ride, we upgrade to a klx140, or similar.

Image20160819_174244 by Bo Fatback, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:38 pm 
SuperMoto Dude
SuperMoto Dude

Another hunting season has jumped upon us here in the Gem State. This is the third year of taking my oldest kid to a series of motorcycle only trails to search for the elusive monster muley. I went to the local forest ranger station to check on the fire damage for the area, and if the trails were open. We were given the go ahead. We drove around the area and saw the Pioneer Fire crept in very close. It turns out, the blaze got closer than expected.

Image20161013_093642 by Bo Fatback, on Flickr

Image20161013_092430 by Bo Fatback, on Flickr

The following morning, I took my youngest out to the high desert to pursue the legal 2 point buck. It rained like crazy, but it is hard to smash the spirit of a 5 yr old. We slopped through mud and did the penguin waddle on slime trails. No deer, but we all rode.

Image20161014_115257 by Bo Fatback, on Flickr