www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:09 am

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: SUPERMOTO PICS
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:54 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Feel free to check it out, like, subscribe, comment. I'm down to ride-guide or ride along with anyone who comes out to Carnegie SVRA near Tracy/Livermore Ca, and would like to ride the park without worrying about getting lost or riding off a cliff. Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:34 pm 
Member Servant
Member Servant

^^^ I love that DR650 look! Useful and used. :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:00 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

I enjoy watching the supermoto races in Europe where they race on pavement AND dirt.
The few races I've watched in the US have been all pavement and not as interesting to me.
(all on YouTube)

The bike pictured above is my kind of sumo-scrambler! :2_thumbsup: :Roost:

Ordeal and Adventure

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:04 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

JagLite wrote:

The bike pictured above is my kind of sumo-scrambler! :2_thumbsup: :Roost:

Excellent description, it just needs a round headlight to finish the proper look :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:30 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Thanks Rob! It gets used, and used hard, that's for dang sure. Treat it like a dirt bike, and it'll take all the abuse you can dish out!

JagLite, you are right! Sumo-Scrambler for asphalt and dirt riding it is! I ride it out to the off-road park and tear it up on the gnarly endurocross trails, and then leave the off-road area and go hit the back hills twisty paved roads in the curves and the DR is in Bush-Pig-Hog-Heaven the whole time! (youtube vids of all that hoopla if interested, in link on my bio below) So much fun!

And BugginsDR, the round headlight? Heck yeah! I've always loved the cafe racers/scramblers between the Triumph's and BSA's. (i've got a '70 Lightning 650 needing full resto, and i want to do it up sumo-scrambler on that one too, but that'll have to wait a bit till the missus is less pissed about all the $$ i've spent on the DR and CR. XD) But a round headlight on the DR would look pretty awesome!
Thanks guys!

just got back from a couple hours of endurocross riding on my CR250R. Going to have to give the DR some love this weekend for sure!

Feel free to check it out, like, subscribe, comment. I'm down to ride-guide or ride along with anyone who comes out to Carnegie SVRA near Tracy/Livermore Ca, and would like to ride the park without worrying about getting lost or riding off a cliff. Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:10 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

DR.FEELGOOD650 wrote:
And BugginsDR, the round headlight? Heck yeah! I've always loved the cafe racers/scramblers between the Triumph's and BSA's. (i've got a '70 Lightning 650 needing full resto, and i want to do it up sumo-scrambler on that one too, but that'll have to wait a bit till the missus is less pissed about all the $$ i've spent on the DR and CR. XD) But a round headlight on the DR would look pretty awesome!

Why stop there? Don't forget to lower the front fender to really complete the look and function :2_thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:36 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

DR.FEELGOOD650 wrote:
just got back from a couple hours of endurocross riding on my CR250R. Going to have to give the DR some love this weekend for sure!

Dang it, you lured me in to your vids. Not sure why you are calling off road riding endurocross.

This is endurocross.

https://youtu.be/xnwOcrWrbAk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:26 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

adam728 wrote:
DR.FEELGOOD650 wrote:

Dang it, you lured me in to your vids. Not sure why you are calling off road riding endurocross.

This is endurocross.

https://youtu.be/xnwOcrWrbAk

Naw, that's SuperEnduro (arena). I'll leave that for the guys that are talented enough to do that sh*t. i'm not that good. I ride natural terrain endurocross. There are roots and rocks bigger than truck tires on steep climbs that are the only thing available to me. for now i'll ride this stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz0YMbf2oGo since it's all i got. thanks anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:11 am 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

DR.FEELGOOD650 wrote:
Naw, that's SuperEnduro (arena).

The indoor series in the US has been called Endurocross since 2007. Harescramble / enduros in Arizona (AMRA) have been adding enduro cross sections in outdoor races since before that. I'm sure others have as well, I just know of the AZ one's because I've raced and help setup courses there.
https://youtu.be/Pvo6N4gY5AQ

It's all just nomenclature anyway. What you are calling endurocross I would call trail riding. To me endurocross includes man made obstacles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:46 am 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

adam728 wrote:
DR.FEELGOOD650 wrote:
Naw, that's SuperEnduro (arena).

The indoor series in the US has been called Endurocross since 2007. Harescramble / enduros in Arizona (AMRA) have been adding enduro cross sections in outdoor races since before that. I'm sure others have as well, I just know of the AZ one's because I've raced and help setup courses there.
https://youtu.be/Pvo6N4gY5AQ

It's all just nomenclature anyway. What you are calling endurocross I would call trail riding. To me endurocross includes man made obstacles.

ah, got it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next