www.DRRiders.com

A Dedicated Suzuki DR650 forum for DR650 riders to share their knowledge, experience and adventures!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:00 pm

DRRIDERS.COM Search - powered by Google

DRRIDERS Member Location Map

Place yourself on the map here!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Where do you live?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:50 pm 
Adventure Rider
Adventure Rider

sapperpie wrote:
Hey guys, New to the forum! But I live on the Brisbane Northside :biggrin:

Welcome, I am pretty keen to take up foam insert offer for a ride up in the sunny coast after Easter sometime, if you want to tag along.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:58 am 

I'm pretty need to thr forum, and to my DR. Already saved myself from a few misinformedppurchasesthanks to posts on hhere

Anyway I'm from Melbourne (Southbank). Struggling to find anyone to hit the dirt with (everyone I ride with has sport bikes or cruisers...)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:37 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

Hey all

I'm pretty need to thr forum, and to my DR. Already saved myself from a few misinformedppurchasesthanks to posts on hhere

Anyway I'm from Melbourne (Southbank). Struggling to find anyone to hit the dirt with (everyone I ride with has sport bikes or cruisers...)

G'day Muppet,
How ya goin'?
I have a similar problem here with regards to finding someone to ride with, the few occasions that I do get time off work never seems to coincide with my mates time off. So as a result I do a lot of solo rides. & like your mates mine are either full on MX or Hog riders with non-complimentary attitudes towards "Japanese Crap". The MX riders can't understand why I chose a big heavy bike like the 650 & not a smaller lighter 400/450, while the Hog riders laugh at the DR's small size but go quiet after a ride through a twisty section of road or they stop for fuel (stops that I don't need to make due to my safari tank).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:59 am 

Queanbeyan NSW, pretty new to the area, anyone nearby keen for a ride tomorrow?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:03 pm 

SE Melbourne, bought my 98 DR650 early this year and not a lot of time for riding due to work and family, but soon will have more free time. In the past have done many 1 and 2 day rides and i want to see a lot more of Vic and the rest of Aust on my DR :good:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:19 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

I'm in beautiful bayside Brisbane & a long way from any decent tracks. Running in a new 2013 DR on short weekend trips, but I'm getting some gear together for longer adventure rides. Looking at places like Monto/ Gayndah or St George/ Nindigully or Armidale NSW.

2010 JK Jeep Wrangler Renegade 2 door

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:04 pm 
Single Tracker
Single Tracker

I'm in beautiful bayside Brisbane & a long way from any decent tracks. Running in a new 2013 DR on short weekend trips, but I'm getting some gear together for longer adventure rides. Looking at places like Monto/ Gayndah or St George/ Nindigully or Armidale NSW.

Great pub at Nindigully, free camping & there's fish in the river too. The pub sometimes throws on a recovery breakfast too if the night before was a big one.
But watch ya self if ya go to Mungindi, that town has only 2 pubs but also has 2 police stations, one of each on either side of the river.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:50 am 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Top810 wrote:

Great pub at Nindigully, free camping & there's fish in the river too. The pub sometimes throws on a recovery breakfast too if the night before was a big one.
But watch ya self if ya go to Mungindi, that town has only 2 pubs but also has 2 police stations, one of each on either side of the river.

Great advice thanks hfk! There are so many great country pubs, yet so little time :drinks:

2010 JK Jeep Wrangler Renegade 2 door

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:24 am 

Perth NOR.

New to DS and new to the DR. Anyone local want to ride with a noob, discuss DR setup or partake in caffeinated or alcoholic beverages let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:38 pm 
MSF Student
MSF Student

Brentwood,ca....Bay area, not next to oj's old pad in so.cal
so far just riding the old farm roads to work and looking to check out the sierras passes and find some fishing holes. 2013 stock as could be, well at least for now....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next